Saturday, July 19, 2008

Are We Close to Finding the Cure for A.I.D.S.?

The New York Times reports that a trial for a new H.I.V. (the virus that causes A.I.D.S.) has recently been canceled. The reason cited was that scientists were not sure how the vaccine, which was developed by the United States government, and the human imune system would interact. The project to discover a vaccine for H.I.V. was first initiated 24 years ago.

Could we be close to finding a vaccination for H.I.V. and possibly even a cure for A.I.D.S.? Only time will tell. But, I will tell you this. If we do ever find this cure I could see the second coming of the sexual revolution that we saw in the 60's. Yeah--I'm ready to become a neo-Hippie. :)

For the full story, click here: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/18/health/18vaccine.html?_r=1&ref=todayspaper&oref=slogin




No comments: