Tuesday, August 26, 2008

ALBUM REVIEW: I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind II


I know that Killer Mike is not the best rapper out these days. Actually, he is kind of whack, but okay listen to (kind of like KAnYe). That's probably why Outkast kept him on the back burner. Andre shunned him and Big Boi had some mercy and brought him over to Purple Ribbon. Eventually he caught beef with Big Boi and decided to venture out on his own hence the I Pledge Allegience to the Grind series.

I've never heard Part 1; however, I decided to go out buy Part 2 (don't ask me why) and the album is actually hot. The production is dope and the guest appearances, which range from Shawty Low to Ice Cube to Eightball and MJG to Chamillionaire are on point (no signs of the Dungeon Family though). The album is actually a banger. Though, I could imagine it getting more bump in the south than up here in New York; but, hey . . .

If you have an open mind and/or have been wondering what Killer Mike has been up to lately then check out "I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind: Vol 2". Trust me when I say you will be pleasantly surprised with the results.

No comments: