Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shaq Loses His Badge – Calls Kobe a N*****!




I know everyone has heard of the new deep “doo” that Shaq has happened to get himself into lately. Recently, at a night club he was recorded kicking a freestyle, dissing my boy Kobe. Personally, I think Kobe is one of the greatest basketball players of all time; he just has a little “ego” problem that he needs to work. But hey, the guy is still young and hopefully one day he’ll mature. But, back to Shaquille.

During his set, Shaq goes on to diss Kobe by telling him that he can’t win a championships without him and even calls him a snitch—a huge dishonor in the Hip-Hop world. Damn, looks like Shaq took away Kobe’s street credibility with that one. But then again, what kind of street credibility does a guy that speaks like eighty difference languages and grew up rich have to begin with? To me, this whole rap about Kobe is the funniest piece of news I’ve heard or viewed on Shaq. I actually find the guy quite entertaining and trust me on this one, if you go to Youtube and just Google “Shaq” you will find some funny clips. One my favorites being after he got traded to Suns and said that negative criticism gets him “angry and start doing things like winning championships.—classic. However, it seems that the little town where Shaq was given an honorary sheriffdon (is that a word?) didn’t think it funny.

Whogivesafuck township recently fired Shaq from his job as sheriff of that town. Now, if you’re like me, you probably remember the NBA running a story about Shaq getting this honor and you probably even saw him uniform, squeezing into a top car like a circus clown and trying to enforce the law. But come on now. If any of us saw Shaq’s big ass pull up in a squad we all know that we could not only outrun him; but, it would take him a good forty-five seconds to squeeze out of the got damn squad car!

So, all in all, Shaq’s appointment was a fake one and I doubt he returned to Whothehellcares to enforce the law when he wasn’t on the road. I also doubt that Shaq is losing any sleep over this any way. I mean, he’s still a multi-millionaire, he’s still living his dream by playing in the NBA and he is regarded as one of the best to ever play the game. Let’s also not forget to mention that he has a few rings, rap albums, movies, video games and television show under his belt. The only problem I see going on in Shaq Diesel’s life is that he is getting a divorce—big deal. Tons of people get divorced all the time and continue to live their lives normally. This is true for both normal people and celebrities. What I feel sad for is that huge army of children Shaq and his wife spawned. Now if you ask me (and I’m going to ask me for you), I would rather see them two stick together for the sake of the kids. It’s bad enough they are going through seeing their parents split up; but, they are doing so in the public eye.

--Mr. and Mrs. O’Neil, if you are reading this, which I doubt you are, please stay together and spare your children the shame, heartache and pain.

In my honest opinion, I think Shaq’s wife is over reacting. Let’s stop and think about this for one second. She is married to big tall, Black multi-million dollar earning NBA super start that is on the road with a bunch of men for good chunk of the relationship. Shaq’s wife is not the most attractive woman in the world. Don’t get me wrong, she’s not ugly—there just isn’t anything special about her. I’m sure Shaq loves her and that’s the reason that he married her and not some super model; but, she and other wives of athletes need to understand that there are a lot of beautiful women out there lusting for their husbands. The women throw themselves at these star athletes and when you’re on the raod and there is virtually no way for your wife to find about it (unless Kobe snitches on you) then you’re PROBABLY going to take advantage of the opportunity. So, if I were an NBA, MLB, NFL or whatever wife, I would expect my husband to cheat on me while he’s on the road or out in Beijing playing in the Olympics. It just comes with the territory. Even executives do the same thing. If I had one-hundred dollars for every man, or woman for that matter, that cheats on their spouse when away on a business trip I would buying an island right next to Shaq’s right about now. I’m not in any way condoning this type of behavior; but, it harsh reality. Not everyone cheats; but, most people do and how do you really know unless you catch them in the act? Kind of hard to do when they’re over a thousand miles away from home.

But, back to Shaq’s rap. After doing a little more research and listening to the news, I learned that Shaq was actually fired for using “racially charged” language. I’m thinking ot myself, “racially charged language? What the fuck did Shaq say?” He probably was drunk during his lyrical tirade and more than likely wasn’t using the best judgment that night. Now my mind starts to wonder about what the hell he said for a bit. I’m thinking maybe he made some anti-Semitic remarks or said something about Asians or Mexicans or something. We all know that some of our favorite rappers have said some pretty racy things in their lyrics when rhyming (i.e. “sweating like a Mexican” and “flow tight like Jew”). Then I learn that the “racially charged” language was Shaq calling Kobe a nigger (or nigga—you be the judge).

How can Shaq dropping the N-bomb on Kobe be racially charged? Trust me, I don’t take the stance that the word “nigger” is a “term of endearment” among Blacks in today’s society at all. I feel that saying that Shaq referring to Kobe as a “nigger” being racially charged is a racist statement by the media. By taking this stance, they are suggesting that only Black people can be niggers. I’m not here to get into a debate about the use of the “N word” or who can say it or only Black people can say it to other Black people or whatever. I’m just expressing my point of view in the situation. Of course Shaq was out of line, as Black man, calling another Black man a nigger in public (not to mention allowing himself to be video taped saying it). However, I don’t think the media should go around saying that his words were “racially charged.” I feel that looking at Kobe Bryan’ts credentials, it is easy to see that he is far from being a nigger; however, the media thinks that he could be one simply because he’s Black. I wonder how the coverage would have been if he had referred to Phil Jackson as nigger? Hmmmm . . . . would it still have been “racially charged?”

I feel that this sends across the wrong message to the public in this case. My reason for taking this chance is that I firmly do not believe that only African-Americans, Afro-Caribbean, Africans or any other people that hail from African decent are the only people on this planet capable of being niggers. If you look up the original definition of the word you can clearly see that any human being on this planet, regardless of race, is fully capable of being a nigger. Yes, it was used as a derogatory term toward Blacks for years and it still is to this day; however, that still doesn’t mean that all niggers are Black. I think that it is safe to say that there are some Black people are niggers; however, there are much more that are Caucasian, Asian, Indian, Hispanics, and so on. I feel that once people start to realize this then the word wouldn’t really have much meaning as a racial slur any more. To be honest, I don’t consider myself to be a nigger and if someone were to call me one I would laugh in their face. I mean, after all, it does take one to know one right?

In my honest opinion, during my life time on this earth I’ve met a ton of niggers and the majority of them were NOT of African decent.

Just my two cents on the matter.

BJ CJ

No comments: