Saturday, June 28, 2008

Drudge Says Heath Ledger is Poised for Posthumous Oscar

It looks like Heath Ledger really did his thing in the new Batman movie. While checking out the Drudge Report I came across an urgent release that made this prediction. Myself, not having seen the movie cannot give my opinion on the matter. However, I would not be surprised if he does take home the Oscar due to his untimely death. I have been a fan of the Batman movies; or, at least the good ones (Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins).

What I really want to see is how good old Heath compares to Jack Nicholson’s rendition of the role in the first Batman movie. Granted I was about eight years old when this movie came out I can still remember his most stellar performance. As a matter of fact, I think I’ll rent Batman this weekend and re-watch it. The quotes along are the best. Who can forget the famous, “Who are you?” . . . “I’m Batman” and “Have you ever danced with the devil under a pale moon light” lines? I know that after almost two decades later I can’t. I’m excited to see this movie and will be checking it out and will be providing my feedback shortly thereafter.

I really think the movie overall will be a good one and it seems like the Hollywood studios have really stepped their game up with the super hero movies. I grew up reading Batman, Spider-man (my favorite hero), Spawn, X-Men, etc. and I can appreciate a good Hollywood adaptation. I can equally despise a horrible (i.e. Hulk circa 2003).

The link to the story can be found here: http://blogs.ktla.com/ktlamorningnews/2008/06/urgent-from-sam.html

BJ CJ



No comments: